Wednesday, July 6, 2016

Popcorn and bottom watering

Today I sold radish and corn micogreens, along with tomatoes and tomatillos from the garden. Corn micros have now become my fastest turn around microgreen with them selling only 5 days after sowing. Here is a picture:
 Here are the daikon radish microgreens on the scale:
 Ive been contemplating a better watering system than i currently have, which is a hand pump sprayer. I try to keep the water off the leaves, and spray in from the sides. It works well for larger things such as field pea, sunflower, and radish, but for finer-stemmed plants, it tends to knock them down and they cant get back up, or they get moldy. A better watering system will also help anyone contracted to
help keep the microgreen system running while im a way.

So in my contemplation, watering from the bottom is highly necessary. So ive taken the baby step and found some trays for my larger aluminum trays to fit into. This allows me to pour a set amount of water into the tray and water the greens from the bottom. The thought is that once i figure this out, I can work on automating the dosage of water into these trays.

Here is a picture of said baby step:

The idea is to pour water into the green trays. they seem to hold a cup of water each while the microgreen tray is in it.

No comments:

Post a Comment